This project to support Member States in capacity building in alternative consumer dispute resolution bodies is part of The Consumer Programme 2014-2020.
Aims and Objectives
The objective of this Call for Proposals is to facilitate consumer access to alternative dispute resolution bodies complying with Directive 2013/11/EU; including measures for vulnerable consumers, developing the network of national dispute resolution bodies, promoting monitoring activities on the functioning and effectiveness of dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Increased accessibility of ADR/Alternative resolution entities) to consumers, including in a cross-border context;
- Improved operational capacity in the resolution of consumer disputes.
The following activities are eligible:
- Awareness raising on ADR among consumers and the European ODR platform, including ADR networks, which bring ADR and ODR knowledge to wider groups of consumers and traders;
- ADR support networks: meetings, conferences, development of common tools and common knowledge;
- Case management: development of case management systems, including information technology tools, advice and staff training on relevant European legislation;
- ADR operational capacity: mentoring, study visits and consultancy to enable ADR entities to implement working methods and organisational models to better fulfil their mission.
July 04, 2019