This project providing financial contributions for cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection laws is part of The Consumer Programme 2014-2020.
The objective of this call for proposals is to support CPC authorities and other relevant bodies under Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 and Regulation (EU) 2017/2394 by co-financing one or both of the following priorities:
- Prepare CPC authorities, other relevant bodies and other stakeholders for the new CPC Regulation (EU Regulation 2017/2394);
- Facilitate the activities of national authorities and, where appropriate, other relevant bodies, to address possible infringements of the laws listed in the Annex to Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 or Regulation (EU) 2017/2394.
A wide range of activities are eligible for support. Such activities may include, for example, (non-exhaustive list):
- Implementation and exchange of best practices with regard to powers of investigation and enforcement.
- Preparation of stakeholders for the extended scope (i.e. extended annex) of Regulation (EU) 2017/2394
- Staff training
- Creation of online interfaces and monitoring tools.
- Development of networking tools including workshops.
- Creation of surveillance, electronic application tools, e.g. to analyse market trends, terms and conditions or verify compliance with mandatory information requirements.
- Prepare stakeholders for external alerts.
- Other enforcement capabilities, including the purchase of product testing equipment or activities to implement the “Framework for the selection and testing of food products to assess quality-related characteristics” or to collect and gather the necessary evidence to detect infringements.
10th of July 2019