The UNAOC Fellowship Programme was created recognizing the need to build bridges between cultures and societies through dialogue and cooperation and to reinforce the political will and collective commitment to live together by strengthening mutual awareness and respect.
The programme aims to challenge cultural stereotypes and develop cross-cultural partnerships between peoples from different faiths and cultures. During two weeks, candidates will visit each other’s region and interact with a wide range of local actors and partners.
In 2019, the Fellowship Programme will focus on “The role of women in peacemaking and conflict prevention”.
- Nationals from the United States, Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe plus Belarus (EUNA) and from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA),
- Be born between 1st January 1984 and 31st December 1994,
- Be available to travel for a period of 15 days in June or July 2019 as scheduled by the programme,
- EUNA candidates (nationals from United States, Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe, plus Belarus) should have a passport valid at least 3 months beyond July 2019 (1st October 2019 and beyond), available to travel for 15 days in June or July 2019,
- MENA candidates (nationals from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen) should have a passport valid at least 6 months beyond November 2019 (May 1st 2020 and beyond), available to travel for a period of 15 days in October or November 2019,
- Working directly in the fields of gender and peacemaking or conflict prevention,
- Must not have participated in any of UNAOC programmes before,
- Fluent in English.
How to apply
– complete the Fellowship Application in English
– answer accurately all the requested information and questions in the form
– make sure to attach all the documents required
– do not attach anything else but the documents required
Deadline: 10th March 2019, 23:59 EST.