The European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) is organizing a selection procedure with a view to drawing up a reserve list and recruiting a long-term Contract Agent for the Finance and Procurement Support Officer (FGIII) position.
The Finance and Procurement Support Officer will be assigned to the Resource and Service Centre (RSC), the administrative Unit of the Agency providing HR, finance, procurement, document management, facility management and other administrative services for the functioning of the Agency.
Directly reporting to the Resource and Service Centre’s (RSC) Head of Unit, the Finance and Procurement Support Officer will provide finance, procurement and contract management support together with other teammates and, where needed, administrative support in other areas of responsibilities of the RSC Unit.
We are looking for a new teammate having positive, constructive and enthusiastic attitude, able to work comfortably with and implement financial and procurement rules and procedures for a three-year contract (renewable).
- examining financial and procurement related transactions, suggesting potential ways forward in case of deviation from the regulatory framework, where applicable;
- preparing and monitoring the financial and administrative aspects of calls for tender and procurement processes, including the drafting and follow-up of related procedures and associated documents;
- preparing and initiating financial transactions;
- drafting documents (contracts, letters, etc.), preparing and sending external communications;
- ensuring general administration and maintenance of files, correspondence and databases;
- preparing statistics and reporting where applicable;
- providing administrative support in other areas of responsibilities of the RSC Unit, as defined by the Head of Unit.
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, or Liechtenstein (parties of the EEA Agreement)
- Be entitled to their full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the appropriate personal and professional requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties.
- Candidates must have a level of education that corresponds to:
- a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or
- a level of secondary education attested by a diploma3 giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three years.
Knowledge of languages
Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and a satisfactory knowledge of another language to the extent necessary for performance of his/her duties.
11 June 2021