The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) seeks for a Administrative and Project Support Specialist.
The jobholder will support a grant-funded project at ECDC and be responsible for carrying out tasks in one or more of the following areas:
Project Management Support
- Provide daily administrative management of the project, including drafting notes, minutes, correspondence and necessary follow-up;
- Support the project monitoring and tracking of activities including compiling and reviewing project metrics;
- Develop and maintain project related databases and reports;
- Design and support project coordination meetings, events, prepare presentations in support of project needs;
- Work closely with the project manager/members and the Centre’s centralised support functions to identify and resolve issues related to the project.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of project communication and visibility activities.
Business Travel and Event Organisation
- Support the organisation of physical, online, virtual and hybrid meetings, workshops and events in compliance with ECDC procedures:
- Collaborate with ECDC suppliers in the provisions of event-related services such as venue rental, catering, security, accommodation and travel arrangements;
- Provide financial and administrative support in management of the events, including planning, preparation, organisation, and follow-up of events, including services to ECDC staff and meeting delegates with their travel and hotel arrangements;
- Guide and support on workflows, guidelines and rules on travel arrangements, meeting organisations and reimbursements;
- Process travel requests, mission orders, travel claims and reimbursement applications;
- Verify invoices and registration of travel and financial information into ECDC monitoring systems.
- Provide logistic and administrative support to MediPIET fellowship modules and other training and network activities, including MediPIET training site visits, primarily in countries outside of the EU;
- Support the selection process for each MediPIET cohort, including facilitating interviews, both face-to-face and through online technology;
- Provide administrative and logistic support to MediPIET scientific coordinators and other staff, including in the design and implementation of processes (e.g. MediPIET site
- Guide MediPIET fellows and network members on administrative requirements;
- Support the maintenance of MediPIET online platforms (ECDC Virtual Academy, MediPIET website, Extranet);
- General administrative support applicable to all areas mentioned above.
- Qualifications and experiences required
- In order to be an eligible candidate you need to fulfil a set of formal requirements. These requirements are:
- A post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or a secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of 3 years;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another official EU language to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties;
- Nationality of one of the EU Member States or of Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein;
- To be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- To have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved; an
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
- At least 3 years, following the award of the diploma, of professional experience acquired in positions relevant to the job description;
- Proven professional experience and knowledge in at least one of the following fields
- project management support, business travel and event organisation, fellowship or training organisation;
- Experience in working with support tasks in the areas of procurement, contract management, budgets and/or statistics;
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience in maintaining databases;
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
12 February 2021
Leave a Reply