EFSA’s Integrated Data (IDATA) Unit collects, collates, manages and analyses data on biological and chemical hazards in food and food as well on food consumption and provide EFSA with analytical, statistical and methodological support to collect, visualise and analyse corporate (non-scientific) data.
Ensuring that both scientific data and corporate (non-scientific) data is of high quality is crucial to support the risk assessment and the decision making in EFSA as well as establishing and implementing data governance best practices.
We are therefore looking for a Data Quality Officer who has experience in defining and applying data quality strategies and frameworks, in data governance, master data and controlled terminologies management, ensuring that fit-for-purpose, reliable and trustworthy data is available for EFSA’s risk assessment and decision making.
Your key responsibilities
- Coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of a standardised framework for data quality management in EFSA for both scientific and non-scientific data. This includes definition, implementation and monitoring of data quality’s standards, roles and responsibilities, procedures, preventive and corrective actions and indicators for data used by EFSA (collected, generated or linked).
- Work closely with data providers, data officer, data stewards, statisticians (in general, any users of data) to ensure that fit-for-purpose, reliable and trustworthy data is available for EFSA’s risk assessment and decision making and, where necessary, coordinate data corrections, standardisation, enrichment and the use of controlled terminologies as well as master data management best practices.
- Ensure that data quality control mechanisms as well as data quality metrics are in place throughout the end-to-end process of data collection/generation, management, transformation, extraction and use.
- Promote and advocate the importance of data quality standards, master data management principles, data literacy initiatives ensuring that the quality management framework is operating correctly delivering the necessary trainings and recommend data quality techniques and tools to regularly manage data quality.
- Contribute to the development, enhancement and maintenance of data/IT tools liaising with IT and data management service providers, with a focus on applying data quality standards.
- Support the implementation of data reports and data visualisations to provide insight into aspects of food and feed safety for risk managers, scientists and/or consumers as well as decision makers in EFSA.
- Support data governance and open data initiatives in alignment with the organisation’s data strategy, partnering with process and product managers, data stewards, data engineers, data architects to prioritize the company’s data strategy initiatives.
- Define and manage/supervise contracts and procurements, including monitoring procedures as well as project management and coordination of data quality initiatives.
1. General requirements
• Be national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway.
• Enjoy full rights as a citizen.
• Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by laws concerning military service.
• Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
• Have a thorough knowledge of one of the EU official languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU language.
• Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma.
In addition to the above, at least three (3) years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma.
In case you do not fulfil all the eligibility criteria, your application will not be taken into consideration.
EFSA can offer the selected candidate a contract of 5 years with the possibility of renewal. If renewed for a second time, the contract will be for an indefinite period. More information can be found in the Notice on policy on the duration of staff contracts at EFSA.
The basic salary of Temporary Agent Grade AD6 starts from € 6.066 monthly, subject to an annual review of remuneration provided for in Article 64 and Article 65(1) of the Staff Regulations.