About this position
They are looking for a Data Science Officer to join the Analytic Centre of Excellence team (ACE) in the Digital Business Transformation task force. You will contribute to the transformation of the Agency into a modern, data-driven organisation by running and developing the services responsible to provide efficient services in the delivery of evidence to support benefit-risk decision-making on the development, authorisation and use of medicines.
The ACE team explores how data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning can be used to build pragmatic solutions for existing EMA business needs and as Data Science Officer, you would need to be able to understand the problems and ideas, help the team to design optimal solutions applying analytics, AI and machine learning techniques and implement them by developing them in an Agile way of working.
In this role you will be involved in:
- different projects, and you will contribute throughout all the lifecycle of the project.
- the implementation of new digital solutions and in experimenting with new technologies.
- interaction with the Digital Innovation Lab team who leads the ideation and prioritisation of digital innovation projects in the task force,
- collection of user requirements and designs blueprints of potential solutions to be prototyped. To develop these prototypes and pilot potential solutions, you will work together with the team of Data Scientists in ACE, DigiLab and with other experts across the Agency. To do so, you will need to analyse and present requirements in a visual, clear and structured manner, and translate business needs into scenarios, analytical and digital approaches, solutions to impact on business processes and decision-making. You will coordinate, develop and implement processes and methods ensuring that the information used follows the compliance, access management and control policies of the Agency and meets the qualification and assurance requirements of the business.
1. Full rights as a citizen of a European Union Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway;
2. Thorough knowledge of English (at least level C1) and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union (at least level B2);
3. Fulfilled any obligations imposed by applicable laws concerning military service.
1. University degree (minimum of three years) that must have been obtained by the closing date of this vacancy notice, in Data Science, Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Economics, Biology, Medicines, or Pharmacy or other fields of science that require advanced use of analytics skills.
For general condition 1 and for specific conditions 1 you will be required to provide a proof at the interview stage. Failing to present these documents may result in the disqualification from the selection procedure.
Only candidates eligible will be assessed by the Selection Committee in accordance with the criteria below.
You will also need
- At least 3 years of full-time relevant professional experience and at least 2 of them in the fields of research, data analysis, analytics, development, innovation and implementation of new tools
- Hands on experience in data management and data analysis
- Experience in advanced analytics techniques, specifically in building Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) models and solutions
- Experience in using programming languages used in analytics (for instance Python, R, SQL, PL-SQL, etc.)
- Experience in using data visualisation tools and applications tools (for instance Tableau, Flask Python, R Shiny, Oracle BI, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience in working in a team and in a multicultural environment
- Experience with Data visualisation and defining user experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of data collection and practices with data analysis tools
- Initial 5 year contract with competitive monthly tax-free salary and household & children’s allowances (where applicable)
- Privileges for expatriate staff including expatriation and education allowances (where appropriate) and additional home leave
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent health insurance scheme and social benefits
- Retirement Pension Plan