ACER is looking for a Quality Management Assistant who will be assigned to ACER’s Corporate Services and will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the Department and the Planning and Programing Officer.
The jobholder will provide support in the areas of quality management, internal control, performance and business process management, mainly through maintaining the internal control system of the Agency and the implementation of quality control practices.
The duties of the Quality Management Assistant will include the following:
- Assist in the establishment, development and implementation of quality control practices and systems in close cooperation with management and staff, and in line with the Agency’s needs and the Internal Control Framework (ICF);
- Assist in defining and drafting the necessary Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the Agency’s processes;
- Report on the effectiveness of the quality system and the needs for improvement
Internal Control Coordination:
- Monitor the implementation of the Agency’s Internal Control Framework (ICF) and preparation of the annual report on the performance of the Agency’s internal control system;
- Support the implementation of the Annual Action Plan and facilitate the execution of an annual self-assessment control exercise;
- Provide support for the annual audits of the Internal Audit Service (collect files, data, documents and facilitate audit interviews);
- Coordinate and consolidate planned actions to implement audit recommendations addressed to the Agency; provide assistance to develop appropriate action plans
Performance and Business Process Management
Support the development and maintenance of the performance measurement and monitoring for the Corporate Services, including reporting of the key performance indicators (KPI), the definition of business processes and documentation of working instructions, as well as maintaining the documentation
To be eligible for consideration for this position, you are required to:
- To have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or a level of education that corresponds to a secondary education attested by diploma giving access to postsecondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three (3) years ;
- To have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union or Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein and a satisfactory knowledge of a second of these languages (level B2 of CERF) to the extent necessary to perform his/her duties;
- Be nationals of a Member State of the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein;
- To be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- To have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service;
- To be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
- Education in a field relevant to the position, i.e. Business Administration, Economics or equivalent,
- By the deadline for applications, having acquired at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience after obtaining the qualifications mentioned in point 3 A) above,
- Relevant professional experience in providing support in areas of quality control, performance monitoring and implementation,
- Relevant experience in in providing support in the area of development and monitoring of business processes,
- Experience in providing support in the area of development and implementation of internal control and quality related policies and procedures.
Communication and other personal skills (core competences)
- Very good written and oral command (level C2) of the English language,
- experience of working in a diverse and international environment dealing with a range of (internal) stakeholders.
Communication and other personal skills (core competences) will be assessed at the stage of the oral interview and the written examination.
Candidates are invited briefly to explain in their motivation letter in which positions they acquired their knowledge and professional experience in the specified areas.
Type of contract
18 October 2020