The Jobholder will report to the Head of Section Communication and Spokesperson.
He/She will support the broad ECDC communication activities, which may include work in anyof the areas of internal, external and risk communication. The tasks include contribution to one or more of the following areas of work:
- Development, implementation and monitoring of ECDC communication policy and communication plans;
- Planning, editing and production of content for a variety of internal and external communication channels (intranet, web portal, social media, newsletters, face-to-face and virtual meetings);
- Communication advice and support, including on communicating scientific outputs, public health campaigns and risk communication;
- Stakeholder and networks outreach and engagement,
- Organisation of physical and digital events and campaigns,
- Proactive ECDC media work, including monitoring and analysis of traditional and social media;
- Project management of specific communication activities including assisting with procurement;
- Other activities assigned to the Communication team and any other tasks related to his/her area of work as requested.
In order to be an eligible candidate you need to fulfil a set of formal requirements. These requirements are:
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least 1 year.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another official EU language to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties;
- Nationality of one of the EU Member States or of Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein;
- To be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- To have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved; and
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
- At least 3 years, following the award of the diploma, of professional experience acquired in positions relevant to the job description, preferably including experience in the area of health communication or in the EU context;
- Strong hands-on experience in communication in a large organisation;
- Strong aptitude and understanding of the communication aspects of stakeholder engagement (internal and external audiences);
- Experience in implementing external and/or internal communication policies;
- Good project management experience and skills;
- Work experience from an international/multicultural environment;
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
Personal characteristics/interpersonal skills:
- Ability to synthesize complex organisational and scientific information and convert into a language understandable to ECDC staff and external stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to engage and motivate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working ability;
- A strong service minded approach and focus on delivering high-quality work.
Type of contract
02 November 2020
Leave a Reply