Applications are invited for the above Contract Agent post at the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
The jobholder will report to the Head of Section Communication and Spokesperson and contribute to the work of the Communication Section.
He/ she will be responsible for the operational management of ECDC website content and in particular the following tasks:
- Ensuring routine web content publication and maintenance;
- Optimising and improving the web content publication and maintenance;
- Contributing to strategic development of ECDC web communications;
- Contributing to planning, building, testing and maintaining of ECDC websites and web functionalities;
- Monitoring, analysing and improving site performance and visibility;
- Liaising with content providers and providing training and support;
- Addressing and managing user requests and complaints;
- Other activities assigned to the Communication team and any other tasks related to his/her area of work as requested.
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least 1 year;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another official EU language to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties;
- Nationality of one of the EU Member States or of Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein;
- To be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- To have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
- At least 3 years, (following the award of the diploma), of professional experience acquired in positions relevant to the job description;
- Experience of working with Drupal and other web content management systems;
- Familiarity with web standards;
- Good knowledge of and experience of working with HTML/CSS;
- Knowledge of web analytics and search engine optimisation best practice;
- Good understanding of user experience (UX) design and website testing;
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
Type of contract
16 November 2020