The post of Specialist – Expertise & Stakeholder Management is located in Stakeholders Management Team, EFECC Expertise & Stakeholder Management Unit, European Financial and Economic Crime Centre (EFECC) Department, Operations Directorate.
The Operations Directorate deals with the core business of Europol, improving the effectiveness and cooperation of the competent authorities in the Member States in preventing and combating serious and organised crime, as well as terrorism affecting the Member States. This requires close cooperation with the Liaison Bureaux at Europol and via them with the Operational Teams in the Member States.
Functions and Duties
The incumbent carries out the following main functions and duties:
• Support project oriented activities, with specific emphasis on economic and financial crime and related intelligence and investigations;
• Provide subject matter expertise to strategic activities aimed at fighting crime in any of the areas of ESM responsibility;
• Initiate and assist in producing analytical outputs strategic and other relevant intelligence products in the fields of fighting crime in any of the areas of ESM responsibility;
• Promote Europol’s tools, services and ability to exploit financial intelligence with the aim of supporting investigations of Member States;
• Establish, maintain and foster close contacts with the Member States competent authorities and Third Parties’ to encourage and support strategic and operational activities in the field of responsibility;
• Promote participation and operational support to the Excise Fraud or Criminal Finances Money Laundering and Asset recovery EMPACT priorities within the EU policy cycle and support directly whenever relevant;
• Represent Europol at meetings, trainings and other events and deliver presentations, increase awareness and provide expert knowledge and advice in the area of responsibility;
• Organize and facilitate working groups, meetings or conferences in the field of responsibility;
• Perform any other duties in the area of competence as assigned by the line management.
Having served at least 5 years as a Law Enforcement officer;
• Proven experience in one of the concerned crime phenomena/ areas of work of the ESM;
• Experience in economic and financial crime investigations or policy developments including in the areas of ESM responsibility;
• Experience of international law enforcement cooperation in the areas of ESM responsibility;
• Experience in stakeholder management;
• Experience in drafting policy papers and strategic reports in the areas of ESM responsibility.
• Experience in working with different law enforcement agencies;
• Experience in proposing policy solutions;
• Experience in law enforcement interaction with the private sector.
• Experience in working on projects involving EU institutions or Agencies or bodies.
The gross basic monthly salary is EUR 5, 805.35 or EUR 6, 049.31.