RCSI recognises that excellence in research is critical to the quality of its educational activities, its credibility, and, overall, to its mission to enhance human health. Recently, RCSI has implemented a new research strategy that will build upon its strength in translational biomedical and clinical research to deliver transformational, high impact changes in health care.
This Research Assistant post has been established to support two Equality, Diversity and Inclusion projects currently underway in RCSI. These are cross departmental (EDI, Simulation and Health Psychology) and cross institutional (NUIG, UCC, TU Dublin) partnership projects. The Research Assistant will be required to support the implementation of the LIBRA Project and Diversification of Active*Consent Project.
- Develop and implement two consultation processes with staff and students on behalf of the LIBRA and Active*Consent Projects.
- Produce a comprehensive gap analysis report for each project.
- Work with partners and students to develop scenarios for online content and simulated environments for each project.
- Support the development and production of new online and simulated training content for each project and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including IT, Student Services, Simulation, Dept of Psychology etc.
- Pilot new online and simulated content with student groups for both projects.
- Deliver two final project reports.
- Masters in Education, Social Sciences, Psychology, Public Health or related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of gender equality.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant aspects of consent, sexual violence and harassment.
- Project management experience.
- Understanding of education or training methodologies.
- Excellent research skills with experience of qualitative methodologies.
- Experience with database management and report writing.
- Experience working with student groups.
RCSI – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Ireland › Dublin
07 April 2021