The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Contract of 18 months, renewable for a further 6 to 18-month period.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
- PhD in chemistry, physics, biophysics, biology or closely related science obtained less than 3 years ago
- A strong background in X-ray crystallography and serial crystallography is desirable
- A strong interest in new method development
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
France › Grenoble
13 May 2021