The post of Office Support Agent may be located in all Europol Directorates.
If it is in the interest of the service, post holders may be transferred to another Unit/Department within Europol to perform functions and duties comparable to those outlined in the vacancy notice and in line with skills and competencies.
Purpose of the post:
The incumbent(s) will provide general secretarial and office support tasks across the organization.
This role may also be performed in the framework of projects funded by external assigned revenue.
Functions and Duties
The incumbent carries out the following main functions and duties:
• Perform general secretarial and office support tasks;
• Keep track of pending files and monitor outstanding tasks, deadlines and requests;
• Assist with the preparation of meetings and follow-up including preparation of documents, archiving files and taking minutes related to the area of work;
• Manage common mailboxes, handle incoming and outgoing internal and external mail and handle telephone calls;
• Assist in drafting memos and other correspondence, register correspondence in the electronic document management system and archive documents;
• Keep the diary of the Unit/Department up to date and schedule various internal and external meetings;
• Perform any other duties in the area of competence as assigned by line management.
The functions and duties may also be associated with a project funded by external assigned revenue. In the case of a project funded by external assigned revenue, the duties would be of a limited duration in time.
REQUIREMENTS – Selection criteria
a. Professional experience (assessed mainly during the shortlisting phase):
• Recent secretarial and/or office support experience;
• Recent experience in drafting secretarial correspondence in English.
• Experience working in an international environment;
• Experience working with document management systems.
b. Professional knowledge (assessed during the selection procedure – written test and/or interview):
• Ability to perform general office support activities;
• Ability to draft documentation in English.
c. General competencies (assessed during the selection procedure – written test and/or interview):
• Very good communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
Analysing & problem solving:
• Keen eye for detail with the ability to maintain standards of accuracy under pressure of tight deadlines;
• Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the internet.
Delivering quality and results:
• High degree of commitment and flexibility;
• High level of customer and service-orientation.
Prioritising and organising:
• Good administrative and organisational skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure, both independently and in a team;
• Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively liaise with other departments, groups and teams as well as with external partners.
• Ability to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment.
The recruited successful candidate will be engaged in Function Group FGII, grade 4 (EUR 2,210.88) or grade 5 (EUR 2,501.54), subject to years of professional experience.