The European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO), the independent public prosecution office of the European Union, is seeking applications for the position of HR Officer – HR Compliance & Risk Management.
The EPPO is a new and fast-growing EU body responsible for investigating, prosecuting and bringing to judgment crimes against the financial interests of the EU. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic multicultural organisation, check out our website where you will find more information about career opportunities at the EPPO, and living and working in Luxembourg.
As a member of the Human Resources unit, you will contribute to the development and execution of an HR vision and strategy that will enable the EPPO to build and grow a talented, engaged and diverse workforce aligned to its organisational needs.
Tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, you will work as an HR specialist with the perspective to further develop in one or more HR areas alongside the evolution of the organisation and its business needs.
Your tasks will possibly include (but not be limited to):
- Driving all activities related to HR policies, compliance, risk management and budget: design, develop, implement and drive relevant policies, programs and strategies;
- Ensuring the implementation of HR implementing rules within the EPPO, in line with the EU Staff Regulations and Implementing rules. Work in close partnership with the HR and Legal teams, as well as other EPPO and EU Administration stakeholders;
- Managing HR risk and compliance monitoring activities in order to avoid and resolve business and administrative risks and challenges. Monitor the compliance of HR processes and systems with the EU regulatory framework (eg. Staff Regulations, Implementing Rules) and identify potential risks. Coordinate with different HR areas that they conduct self-assessment;
- Performing risks review for processes that are either delegated to other EU Administration bodies (eg. pay & benefits) or outsourced. Identify key risks related to the delegation or outsourcing arrangements and ensure appropriate controls are in place. Work closely with stakeholders on assessment in line with performance and regulatory standards;
- Leading education and training in Risks, Compliance and Regulatory requirements: share operational risks management and compliance best practice with line managers and the HR team;
- Providing support in the enforcement of data protection and privacy requirements;
- Supporting business continuity management activities;
- Coordinating the interactions of the EPPO Staff Committee with the EPPO leaders and Human Resources unit, provide support for the preparation and follow-up of the meetings gathering the Staff Committee and EPPO management/ human resources;
- Managing regulatory and budgetary reporting, deliver quarterly operational HR dashboards.