The EEA is an Agency of the European Union (EU) and one of the decentralised Union bodies. The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment, through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy-making agents and the public.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Group ‘Geospatial Information Services’, reporting to the Head of Programme ‘Data and Information Services’, the expert shall be responsible for managing the delivery of specific Copernicus land monitoring services as part of a team responsible for the implementation of a diverse portfolio of land cover, land use change and ground motion monitoring products and services.
The EEA is currently looking to fill positions related to the management of:
A. Copernicus land monitoring products;
B. Copernicus land service validation and evolution;
C. Copernicus ground motion service.
Candidates applying must satisfy the following eligibility criteria on the closing date for the submission of applications:
a) Successful completion of university studies attested by a degree relevant in the field concerned of at least 3 years;
b) A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience after achieving the qualification set out above.
In addition, in order to be eligible a candidate must:
- Be a national of one of the member countries of the EEA (Member States of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey);
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by law concerning military service;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the EEA member countries and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages (corresponding to level B.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages CEFR);
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
Candidates should assess carefully and check before submitting their application whether they fulfil all the conditions for admission laid down in the vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience.
(In your application, please provide examples from current or past work experience where these competencies have been applied)
- Proven and relevant professional skills, experience and performance related to the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities in one or more of the areas of the job description;
- Excellent understanding of the Copernicus programme and its stakeholders and proven experience working with Copernicus environment or climate monitoring services and products;
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience in data management processing, methodologies, relevant ICT tools, standards, quality control and algorithms related to one or more of the areas of the job description;
- Demonstrated project management skills including experience in applying project management methodologies and ability to plan, organise, monitor, and control projects in the field of geospatial information and/or earth observation;
- Thorough knowledge of existing and planned use cases, applications, products, key user communities, and end user requirements related to one or more of the areas of the job description;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English language, at least at level C1 in all categories according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Language.