The European Medicines Agency (EMA) defines real-world data (RWD) as routinely collected data relating to patient health status or the delivery of health care from a variety of sources other than clinical trials, and real-world evidence (RWE) as information derived from the analysis of RWD, this information being valid, reliable and appropriate for regulatory decision-making on medicinal products. RWE-related activities impact across the EMA and the European Medicines Regulatory Network (EMRN). They are led and coordinated in the Real World Evidence workstream of the Data Analytics and Methods Task Force. This workstream provides RWE expertise and services to support regulatory evaluation and decision-making during the entire life-cycle of medicinal products, including vaccines.
Apply if you have those eligibility criteria
1. Full rights as a citizen of an EU Member State or Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway.
2. Thorough knowledge of English (at least level C1) and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union (at least level B2).
3. Fulfilled any obligations imposed by applicable laws concerning military service.
1. University degree of a minimum of four years in medicine, pharmacy, epidemiology, pharmacology, public health, statistics, or data science that must have been obtained by the closing date of this vacancy notice and relevant professional experience of at least 12 years obtained after the university degree, in the domain relevant to the Head of Workstream role.
University degree of three years in medicine, pharmacy, epidemiology, pharmacology, public health, statistics, or data science, and relevant professional experience of at least 13 years obtained after the university degree, in the domain relevant to the Head of Workstream role.
For general condition 1, 2, and for specific condition 1 it will be necessary to provide proof at the interview stage.
Only eligible candidates will be assessed by the selection committee in accordance with the assessment criteria below.
You will also need
- At least 9 years of experience in coordination and management of a large team of specialists;
- Experience in applied research in a scientific discipline relevant to the activities of Workstream: Real World Evidence
- Experience in management or coordination of observational studies or scientific programmes in the domain relevant to the Head of Workstream role;
- Ability to prioritise and organise own and other’s tasks;
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement;
- Ability to navigate through cultures and stakeholders’ expectations, with an aim to deliver pragmatic solutions.
- Initial 5 year contract with competitive monthly tax-free salary and household & children’s allowances (where applicable)
- Privileges for expatriate staff including expatriation and education allowances (where appropriate) and additional home leave
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent health insurance scheme and social benefits
- Retirement Pension Plan