The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) is seeking for a Scientific Officer Communicable Disease Prevention and Control.
Scientific Officers with this profile contribute to the work of one or more of ECDC’s disease programmes (vaccine-preventable diseases and immunisation, sexually transmitted infections, blood-borne viruses and tuberculosis, antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infections, emerging, food- and vector-borne diseases).
ECDC is currently looking to recruit a Scientific Officer for its sexually transmitted infections, blood-borne viruses and tuberculosis programme. However, ECDC will
also establish a reserve list which may be used for any future vacancies in these or other areas and therefore actively encourages applications by candidates with
experience/interest in prevention and control of infectious diseases other than sexually transmitted infections, blood-borne viruses and tuberculosis.
In order to be an eligible candidate you need to fulfil a set of formal requirements. These requirements are:
• Completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least 1 year;
• Thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another official EU language to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties;
• Nationality of one of the EU Member States or of Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein;
• To be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
• To have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
• Meet the character requirements for the duties involved; and
• Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
24 de marzo de 2020 – 23:59(Hora local de Bruselas)