Europol is an equal opportunity employer. Europol accepts applications without distinction on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, national, ethnic or social origin, religion or beliefs, family situation, age, disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications, experience and skills.
Europol lives diversity and provides an inclusive work environment to all. Europol strives to recruit, develop and retain a diverse and talented workforce through application of equal opportunity and impartiality.
a. Professional experience (assessed mainly during the shortlisting):
• Relevant professional experience in relation to the tasks described under “Functions and duties” preferable of at least 3 years;
• Experience in the field of EU Commercial Law;
• Experience in legal research, analysis and drafting;
• Experience in working in an international, multidisciplinary work environment.
• Experience working in an EU institution or EU body;
• Experience of Dutch civil law.
b. Professional knowledge (assessed during the selection procedure):
• Comprehensive knowledge of EU Commercial Law (e.g. intellectual property rights, contract law, non-contractual liability);
• Knowledge of key compliance issues (e.g. non-conflict of interest, adherence to public procurement obligations, grants, data protection and fundamental rights);
• Commercial awareness;
• Passed the following subjects, as part of a law degree: national contract law, tort/delict (or national equivalent), intellectual/ intellectual property law applicable in one of the EU Member States. Candidates are required to indicate in their application form how they meet this requirement.
c. General competencies (assessed during the selection procedure):
• Very good communication skills in English, both orally and in writing;
• Ability to draft clear and concise documents on complex matters for various audiences.
Analysing & problem solving:
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
• Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the internet;
• Keen eye for detail with the ability to maintain standards of accuracy under pressure of tight deadlines.
Delivering quality and results:
• High degree of commitment and flexibility.
• High level of customer and service-orientation.
Prioritising and organising:
• Good administrative and organisational skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well under pressure, both independently and in a team;
• Ability to remain effective under a heavy workload and demonstrate resistance to stress.
• Ability to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment.
d. Additional conditions:
Fulfil the condition stipulated in Article 5 of the Decision of the Executive Director on the Duration of contracts of employment for Temporary Agents, on the start date of the possible contract of employment which may be offered.
The gross basic monthly salary is EUR 5.669,29 (step 1) or EUR 5.907,53 (step 2).
Indicative net salary sample calculation AD6/1:
a) Staff member (single) in receipt of expatriation allowance (16%): EUR 5.938,83
b) Staff member with two dependent children in their custody in receipt of expatriation allowance (16%): EUR 7.711,51