The EPPO, the independent public prosecution office of the European Union, is seeking applications for the position of Secretary/Clerk.
As a member of the unit Operations and College Support, you will be responsible for supporting day-to-day administrative and operational services in various departments or units within EPPO, based on the current priorities, also by using IT tools (word-processing, spreadsheets and databases).
Tasks and responsibilities
Under supervision of the relevant line manager and reporting to the Head of Sector, your tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting in the organisation of meetings, conferences and events (logistical organisation, preparation of supporting documents, taking minutes, encoding activities in the appropriate IT tools, preparing documents for the reimbursement of experts);
- Assisting in the organisation of missions (logistical organisation, preparation and verification in compliance with the Missions Guide, processing reimbursement claims through MIPS);
- Answering calls, taking messages, registering and allocating mail;
- Keeping and updating the unit/department diary;
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies;
- Coordinating document management activities and monitoring requests for action (receipt, processing, follow-up, and filing of documents, reports and correspondence, monitor deadlines, archiving, etc.);
- Preparing, processing, finalising, and checking documents, using the designed software;
- Assisting with the drafting of documents, reports, and other texts for different kinds of media and other stakeholders;
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations;
- Finding, compiling and disseminating information (updating databases, files, maintaining filing systems);
- Performing any other relevant duties in the interest of the service.
A level of education which corresponds to either:
-Have level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma and after having obtained the diploma, at least 4 (four) years of appropriate professional experience
-Have a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and after having obtained the diploma, at least 7 (seven) years of appropriate professional experience