Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis.
- You participate in the COVID-19-related research activities at the Department of Data Analysis and Mathematical Modelling.
- You contribute to the extension and improvement of COVID-19 spread models in a Belgian context.
- You contribute to the spatial extension of existing COVID-19 spread models to enable forecasts at the level of the Belgian municipalities, arrondissements or provinces.
- You contribute to the implementation of a controller based on existing COVID-19 spread models. The controller aims to find the most optimal set of measures. Departing from a holistic approach, de controller considers health care capacity as well as economic and psycho-social consequences of the implied measures.
- You participate actively in interuniversity, -faculty and –departmental research consortia.
- You report your results in scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
- You contribute to relevant (inter)national scientific events.
- You are interested in project-based research.
- You hold Master diploma in the field of (Bioscience) Engineering, Mathematical Biology or Applied Mathematics. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in research within the field of mathematical modelling in general, and modelling of biological and natural processes more specifically.
- You master at least one programming language.
- You are profoundly interested in project-based research.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- They offer you a contract of definite duration for the period of 6 months.
- Your contract will start on 1/07/2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4 (if you hold a Master’s degree).
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers.
15 June 2020