This project to support Roma national platforms is part of the REC Action Grant 2019 (REC-AG 2019) sub-programme of the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme.
Roma national platforms encourage and facilitate dialogue, mutual learning, cooperation and policy review between all national stakeholders. Their activity promotes the inclusion of the Roma population, in particular women and young people. The main objectives to be achieved with this project are:
- empower National Roma Contact Points in the process of Roma integration;
- improve participation of all relevant stakeholders (i.e. public authorities, Roma and non-Roma communities, non-governmental organisations, entrepreneurs, trade unions, academia, etc.) in decisions that affect Roma, taking into account their roles;
- strengthen multi-stakeholder accountability, commitment to, as well as ownership and transparency of the process of Roma integration;
- boost the commitment to and effective implementation of integration measures at the local level, improving the equal access of Roma to mainstream services and opportunities, strengthening community building between Roma and non-Roma;
- address gaps and challenges in the implementation of the National Roma Integration Strategy specific to the national context, and to report at national and EU level.
- increased number of the National Roma Platforms seen as an integral component of the coordination and monitoring activities of the National Roma Contact Points to foster the process for dialogue, cooperation and coordination of stakeholders;
- increased capacity of national experts and stakeholders to address issues related to Roma integration, including legislative and administrative practices;
- strengthened cooperation and exchange of information between competent national authorities in relation to Roma integration.
20th of June, 2019