The Research Associate will undertake research in Psychology under the direction of Prof Mike Kyrios (VPED). In doing so, the Research Associate will work with the relevant research team from the Be Well Innovation Lab to assist in the design and execution of various research projects investigating wellbeing and mental health, including face-to-face and digitally delivered evidence-based prevention and intervention programs.
The Be Well Innovation Lab is a collaboration between Flinders University’s Órama Institute and the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI), conducting translational research into wellbeing and mental health. Through the development of technology solutions, interventions, and assessment methods, the team facilitates improvements in both psychological wellbeing and mental illness.
The Research Associate will engage in the full range of research activities, inclusive of literature reviews, the preparation and submission of research grants and ethics applications, participation recruitment, data collection and analysis, presentation and publication of research findings, liaising with partners and stakeholders, and assisting with supervision of student projects. There may be limited opportunities for teaching.
- Coordinating the planning and execution of research, by offering new ideas, reviewing relevant literatures and other sources of information, actively participating in the collection of data and attending seminars, meetings and conferences as well as collaborating with industry partners as directed.
- Assisting the research team to successfully deliver multiple, existing and future project deliverables and outcomes.
- Contributing to ethical, high quality and innovative research and evaluation through activities such as scholarship, quality publication, external grant acquisition and presentations that align with the College areas of research strength and focus.
- Aiding in the facilitation of wellbeing interventions in a variety of research and translational projects.
- Assisting with or undertaking supervision of honours and postgraduate students where appropriate.
- Assisting as directed by the Supervisor in the establishment and maintenance of collaborations within the University, and at State, national and international levels in order to improve research outputs, patents and publications.
- Some out of hours work (including weekends) as well as rural SA, interstate and overseas travel may be required.
- Establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with the Supervisor and the research team.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
30 May 2021