At the Department of Economics, University of Bergen, there is a vacancy for a PhD position in economics. We are looking for candidates with a master’s degree in economics with projects that combines economics or finance with techniques from computer science. This can for instance, but not limited to, be projects on firm or consumer optimization and algorithms, or projects that combine any field of economics or finance with machine learning techniques.
Department of economics, University of Bergen, has a scientific staff of about 20 persons performing research and teaching in economics. The department offers two 5-year integrated master programs in addition to a bachelor and a master program in economics.
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree or the equivalent in economics, or must have submitted his/her master’s thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. The degree must be completed before employment.
- The requirements are generally a grade B or better on the Master thesis and for the master’s degree in total.
- As an applicant you should be able to work independently, have a considerable work capacity as well as an enthusiasm for research, and be fluent in English language.
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- Salary at pay grade 54 upon appointment (Code 1017) on the government salary scale (equivalent to NOK 482 200 per year). Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
University of Bergen
Norway › Bergen
17 June 2021