The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M) is a multidisciplinary centre for climate research located in Hamburg, Germany. It has an internationally recognised reputation in climate modelling.
The MPI-M is located in the heart of one of Europe’s most lively and vibrant cities. It provides a highly international and interdisciplinary environment for conducting scientific research as well as access to state-of-the-art scientific facilities.
- The appointment is until 30.09.2027. The starting date is 01 October 2021
- The workplace is located in Hamburg.
- Payment will be in accordance with German public service positions (TVoeD E14), including extensive social security plans. The conditions of employment, including upgrades and duration, follow the rules of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Sciences and those of the German civil service.
- To adapt the ICON-Land model structure to operate on few kilometres’ resolution in the Arctic
- In cooperation with the Q-ARCTIC team, include high-resolution disturbances such as thermokarst into the ICON-Land framework
- To use local and remote-sensing observations to evaluate the model performance;
- Perform coupled simulations with the ICON-ESM model and evaluate permafrost climate feedback in future projections, as well as in the last glacial maximum conditions
- Evaluate Arctic carbon susceptibility to abrupt changes
- Disseminate the results through high quality peer-reviewed publications and presentations at conferences
Max Planck Institute for Meteorology
Germany › Hamburg
28 May 2021