In the department of scientific computing and numerical analysis, they are now seeking an outstanding PhD candidate to work on numerical simulation and analysis of brain tumors.
The candidate will ideally start August 2021, but may start earlier upon agreement. The candidate will be enrolled in the PhD-programme at the university of Oslo and will be hired on a 3-year contract at Simula.
Simula’s mission is to solve important and fundamental problems of science and engineering, with the main goal of benefiting and advancing society. We do this by concentrating on five select research areas in ICT and performing excellent research, by developing our people, and by spinning out applicable results into profitable startups.
They are looking for interested candidates who have a MSc in applied mathematics, physics, fluid mechanics, scientific computing, biomedical engineering or a similar subject. The candidate should be familiar with programming, mainly using python.
- Excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers and engineers;
- An informal and inclusive international working environment;
- Generous support for travel and opportunities to build international networks, through established collaboration with industry, exchange programs and research visits with other universities, and funding to attend conferences.
- Modern office facilities located at Fornebu by the Oslo fjord and 10 minutes’ drive from the center of Oslo.
- A competitive salary. Starting salary from NOK 479.600
- Numerous benefits: access to company cabin, BabyBonus arrangements, sponsored social events, generous equipment budgets (e.g., computer, phone and subscription), subsidised canteen meals and monthly bus pass, comprehensive travel/health insurance policy, etc.
- Relocation assistance: accommodation, visas, complimentary Norwegian language courses, etc
- Administrative research support: e.g., quality assurance process for grant proposals (including RCN and EU programs).
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage them to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
01 June 2021
Leave a Reply