They are looking for a Project Manager to join IBEC in the frame of the project “Plataforma ISCIII Biobancos y Biomodelos” (PTC20/00013) within the call Plataformas ISCIII de apoyo a la I+D+I en Biomedicina y Ciencias de la Salud. The project is supported by the INSTITUTO DE SALUD CARLOS III.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Project manager to oversee and manage the research projects and activities within the Platform ISCIII of Biobanks and Biomodels.
The extent of duties include:
- Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
- Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
- Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
- Financial management of the research lines: Maximizing the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
- PhD in experimental sciences.
- Minimum one year experience in research project management or data managing, or similar.
- Full command of English.
- Competencies: Communication, teamwork, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract (end date 31-12-2023) with possibility of extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.