The SPECS Research Group is offering a Postdoc position in NeuroRobotics. The successful candidate will lead SPECS’ NeuroRobotics lab and drive the research on Cognitive Architectures in the context of the Distributed Adaptive Control theory of mind and brain that SPECS-lab has been elaborating over many years.
They are seeking a candidate to advance the DAC Architecture towards a whole brain implementation, which maps this cognitive architecture to the main structures of the mammalian brain. They will test these models on robots both targeting rodents level tasks such as foraging and navigation but also, they want to look at human level tasks such as social interaction and motor rehabilitation. The candidate will work directly with the director of SPECS-lab, ICREA Professor Dr. Paul Verschure.
The successful candidate has experience in some of the following topics:
- Machine learning for robotics (e.g., reinforcement learning, deep learning),
- Computational neuroscience, Embodied artificial intelligence, Bio-inspired robotics, Control systems, Humanoid robots, mobile/field robotics,
- exoskeletons, Bio-inspired computing, e.g., artificial neurons, Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) and Human-Robot Collaboration (HRC).
Additionally, the candidates should have excellent programming skills (e.g., C, C++, Python), proven writing skills, self-propelled and a team player. Familiarity with tools such as ROS, robot simulation (V-REP), TensorFlow, MatLab, and Git is desirable.
Master/PhD in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Robotics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience, or equivalent.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity,
- High level of English
- Full time 3-year contract.
- Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- SPECS is at the center of a broad international network through Living Machines and BCBT
- Professional development opportunities: the host of SPECS, IBEC, has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring program for Postdoctoral researchers.
- Onboarding program to facilitate incorporation at SPECS and additional support is provided to obtain Visa, work permit and to get settled in Barcelona.
30 November 2020