The postdoc will work under the supervision of Dr. J.S. Martin (and Dr. J. Winters) on a project focused on sustainability, environmental economics and computational science. In particular, using a combination of quantitative methods (modeling, data science, etc…) we will explore how the relationships between rebound effects, efficiency gains and complexity, affects the sustainability of resource consumption and other environmental impacts (i.e. greenhouse gas emissions, biodiversity extinction, etc…).
As a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at SCI, you will be involved in cutting-edge research projects and contribute to the development of collective intelligence theories and methodologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting independent research in under the supervision of Dr. JSMartin and JWinters, and with their collaborators.
- Designing and implementing data collection protocols.
- Analyzing and interpreting research findings using advanced statistical and computational methods.
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary teams to contribute to the development of innovative solutions.
- Publishing research outcomes in high-impact journals and presenting findings at conferences and seminars.
- Mentoring and supervising junior researchers and assisting with research project management.
Criteria of the candidate:
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, data science, economics, ecology, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrate a strong research background in computational modeling and/or data science.
- Experience and demonstrable interest in the field of environmental sustainability.
- Advanced knowledge of Python, R and/or other programming languages such as Matlab or C++.
- Proven experience in collecting and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Proven experience in working with large databases.
- Possess advanced knowledge of research methodologies, experimental design, and data analysis techniques.
- Have a proven track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
Location: Technopolis Campus in Rabat, Morocco
Benefits: This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits including medical insurance, retirement plans, and paid vacation.
Organisation/Company – MOHAMMED VI POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
Research Field – Computer science / Economics / Environmental science / Geosciences
Researcher Profile – Recognised Researcher (R2) / Established Researcher (R3)
Country – Morocco
Type of Contract – Permanent
Job Status – Full-time
Application Deadline –