Reykjavík University’s Language and Voice Lab is looking for experts in speech recognition and in speech synthesis. At the LVL you will be joining a research team working on exciting developments in language technology as a part of the Icelandic Language Technology Programme.
The role of Reykjavik University is to create and disseminate knowledge to enhance the competitiveness and quality of life for individuals and society, guided by good ethics, sustainability and responsibility. Education and research at RU are based on strong ties with industry and society. We emphasize interdisciplinary collaboration, international relations and entrepreneurship.
- Conduct independent research in the fields of speech processing, machine learning, speech recognition/synthesis and human-computer interaction
- Work with a team of other experts in carrying out the Speech Recognition/Synthesis part of the Icelandic Language Technology Programme
- Publish and disseminate research findings in journals and present at conferences
- Actively take part in scientific and industrial cooperation projects
- Assist in supervising Bachelor’s/Master’s students
- MSc/PhD degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar
- Good programming skills (e.g. C++ and Python) and knowledge of Linux (necessary)
- Good knowledge of a deep learning library such as PyTorch or TensorFlow (necessary)
- Good knowledge of KALDI (preferable)
- Background in language technology (preferable)
- Good skills in writing and understanding shell scripts (preferable)
04 October 2020