Joint call with the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA): Copernicus and Galileo prizes for 2019-2021
Objectives of the Copernicus and Galileo prizes
- To support Copernicus-based start-ups in 2020 and, possibly, in 2021, through the award of a cash or combination of cash and in-kind prize for innovative ideas.
- To support EGNOS/Galileo-based start-ups in 2020 and 2021, through the award of cash or combination of cash and in-kind prizes for innovative ideas. To further support the development of successful EGNOS/Galileo applications, additional Galileo incubation awards of cash or combination of cash and in-kind prizes will be awarded each year in 2020 and 2021.
- To implement a specific Galileo Masters prizes challenge dedicated to three GSA topics of choice and to implement other special prizes requested by the GSA.
- To foster the emergence of a vibrant Copernicus ecosystem and Galileo start-ups in Europe, involving various stakeholders (research centres, universities, small and large companies, etc.), through the organisation of a prestigious awards ceremony.
Winner of this call will be responsible
- The organisation of a prize competition, including the promotion, evaluation, selection and the award of the prizes
- The organisation of the award ceremony.
- Reporting to the European Commission.
The maximum EU contribution for this call is €2,306,000.
The maximum co-financing rates applicable under this call for proposals are:
- 70% for management costs with an overall total ceiling of €400,000 of eligible costs
- 60% for Copernicus and Galileo prize costs with a ceiling of €10,000 per prize of eligible costs (with the exception of the two European Commission challenges every year, which can be financed up to 100% by the EU)
- 70% for Galileo incubation support costs with a ceiling of €43,000 per incubation
- 100% for the GSA special and ad-hoc prizes
Proposals requesting an EU contribution higher than €2,306,000 or an EU co-financing rate higher than the thresholds indicated above will not be eligible.
June 15 2019