The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth running of various day-to-day IT processes and will contribute to essential IT projects. In areas where EIOPA relies on managed services, the IT Specialist will be responsible for project, contract and vendor management support. He/she will have a strong understanding of security and data protection (privacy) requirements.
While the IT Specialist reports to the Head of the IT Unit, he/she will be a member of several cross-functional teams and will have to exhibit a strong understanding of EIOPA’s core business processes.
- Providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd level application support to internal and external users. This includes investigating, diagnosing and resolving incidents and problems escalated by other support lines;
- Supporting various IT operations and service management processes (such as problem, change, configuration, identity and access management);
- Taking a hands-on role in initiatives such as operating system and application patching, hardware and software distribution, server maintenance, storage management, data transfers and testing;
- Liaising with suppliers and service providers on matters such as the escalation of incidents, submission of call-off orders for supplies and services, and the management of contracts and service level agreements;
- Managing and contributing to IT projects from design to implementation, including maintenance, release and documentation, with a focus on operations, end user support and security;
- Taking ownership of asset inventory and decommissioning processes;
- Participating in security incident response activities and contributing to the development and improvement of security services;
- Any other tasks as required.
7 June 2021