Under the responsibility of the Head of Group “Human Resource Management”, reporting to the Head of Programme “Administrative Services”, the Officer shall be responsible for coordinating and supporting work in the area of human resources.
The position will entail the following tasks:
- Providing guidance and support for the interpretation and implementation of the Staff Regulations and the Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Union and its implementing rules to colleagues, staff members and managers;
- Contributing to organisational development through developing, implementing and reviewing human resources policies, implementing rules, practices and procedures;
- Ensuring the correct application and providing guidance to staff on the rules regarding working conditions, rights and entitlements, leave and absences;
- Performing data collection, analysis and reporting on staff statistics;
- Coordinating and monitoring contracts and budgets related to Human Resources activities;
- Liaising with other EU bodies to keep up with best practice approaches in the field of Human Resources Management;
- Providing general support and back-up to the Human Resource Management Group.
Candidates applying must satisfy the following eligibility criteria on the closing date for the submission of applications:
Only established officials “Assistant (AST1-AST9), “Assistant in transition” (AST1-AST9) of the institutions of the European Union or Union bodies graded in the function group and grade span of the post on offer by the closing date may apply for the position.
Candidates should assess carefully and check before submitting their application whether they fulfil all the conditions for admission laid down in the vacancy notice.
(In your application, please provide examples from current or past work experience where these competencies have been applied)
- Thorough knowledge of the Staff Regulations and the Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Union and its implementing rules;
- Professional experience in Human Resources performing the tasks mentioned above under “Job description’’;
- Proven capacity for written production of professional Human Resources texts (policies, guidelines and/or instructions);
- Knowledge of and experience in using Human Resources databases;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English language, at least at level C1 in all categories according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Language.
- Certified training in Human Resources or a related area, such as Business Administration, Law or Psychology;
- Good knowledge of French, at least at level B2 in all categories according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Language;
- Proven experience in working with Sysper 2.
In addition to the requirements above, candidates invited to the written test and interview stage, will also be assessed against the following behavioural competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and interact with a wide range of people;
- Diversity awareness and sensitivity;
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to take responsibility for specific areas of work and to deliver to high standards;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- High sense of discretion and confidentiality;
- Ability to seek out learning opportunities proactively, to handle situations and problems with innovation and creativity.