A number of funding programmes entrusted to the Agency require to consider the financial and socio-economic aspects of project proposals in order to determine which proposals have the best potential to contribute to the objectives set out for each of the programmes.
The Financial Engineering (FE) team of CINEA is a quickly growing team, situated within the Unit responsible for Programme support, Coordination and Communication. The FE team contributes with its expertise in the field of financial engineering at different stages to the implementation of the Agency’s programmes. The FE team is consulted already at the stage of the definition of programmes on various design options and helps shaping these programmes based upon its expertise.
As member of the FE team, the Financial Engineering Manager shall, in support of and in close coordination with the Senior Financial Engineers, work closely with a wider team of colleagues from the Agency, the European Commission and the European Investment Bank and other financing institutions.
More specifically, she/he will contribute to
• evaluating calls for proposals, by interacting with financial and cost benefit analysis experts involved in the external evaluation of calls for proposals in the context of programmes implemented by CINEA, such as the Innovation Fund and CEF.
• supporting, for projects under the Innovation Fund, the management of the investment-specific aspects and the monitoring until their financial close
• identifying and managing a portfolio of projects under the advisory service GREEN ASSIST that aims at providing green investment advisory and capacity building services, as well as market development in support of potential promotors and implementing actors of projects that address the environmental and sustainable objectives of the European Commission
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS and ADVICE
Organisation of advisory services:
• Contribute to the development of strong pipelines of mature projects to achieve EU policy objectives of the Agency’s parent DGs
• Identify and select external experts, ensuring their capacity to deliver relevant and high quality advisory services.
• Organise and ensure the quality of advisory support services and deliverables
• Provide advice and support with respect to the financial structuring of projects to the colleagues in charge of the management of projects
• Monitor and further develop the effectiveness of cost benefit analysis methodologies
Policy feedback and coordination:
• Contribute to an efficient coordination and effective policy feedback to the European Commission, notably reporting on the activities assigned,
• Participate to activities with Commission services in order to ensure synergies in the implementation of the various EU funding programmes and financial instruments
• Contribute to lessons learned on the activities assigned and propose and implement improvements to future calls.
PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT