Greenhouse gas emissions from wastewater treatment plant: monitoring and modelling.
The research activity will be aimed at monitoring and subsequent modeling of greenhouse gas emissions from wastewater treatment plants (WWTP). The research is also aimed at reducing the carbon footprint associated with greenhouse gas emissions from direct and indirect emissions, according to the current need to reduce the environmental impact and promote sustainable development. The research activity involves experimentation both with pilot plants and with real WWTPs.
- Initial contract of 12 months, which can be extended to 2 years. Foreseen date of start: 25 October 2022.
- The selected candidate will work in a research project funded by theEU, and in several projects and contracts with companies within the water field.
- Workplace is Engineering Department.
- Annual gross salary is 24.000 €
- To hold a PhD in chemical, environmental engineering or equivalent degrees is not mandatory but a preference title
- To have the ability in wastewater treatment, sludge management, lab tests for measuring (COD, BOD, TSS; N, P, CST etc..).
- To have skills on use of mathematical models (Matlab, R, GPS-X, etc.).
- Be fluent in English. Knowledge of will be appreciated.
- To be proactive, have commitment to teamwork and, if possible, used to work in both academic and business environments.
University of Palermo
20th August 2022
Leave a Reply