The Faculty Research Infrastructure Officer provides administrative services and operational support to the Manager, Research Infrastructure and Faculty Research leadership team to enable research activity and the development of the Faculty’s research profile.
The Faculty Research Infrastructure Officer is responsible for establishing and maintaining the information of the faculty core research facilities and end to end project management to support strategic programs and operational projects.
- assist in supporting Faculty strategic programs and operational projects related to research equipment and space management
- support the provision of adequate and timely communications to all staff involved in the implementation of the FMH research equipment procurement and management strategies
- provide administrative support, and undertake data/statistical analysis and reporting
- provide financial analysis for core research equipment infrastructure for the Faculty
- support developing project budgets for grants applications, e.g. core research facilities and costings
- support effective communication and good working relationships amongst key stakeholder groups
- has demonstrated project management experience for multiple complex deliverables in a facility or laboratory environment
- has demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis as well as experience preparing and delivering statistical reports
- has previous experience supporting facilities, laboratories and equipment
- has experience and knowledge of laboratory protocols and safe work procedures
- has demonstrated experience in interpreting and implementing policy and procedures and establishing and reviewing administrative processes
- has excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experience working across multiple stakeholder groups collaborating on research and facility initiatives
- tertiary qualification in biological or medical sciences with relevant research support experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and training
- must be willing to travel between precincts and multiple facilities.
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
- Full time 2-year fixed-term position
- Opportunity to provide administrative and operational support to the Faculty’s research infrastructure and strategic programs related to research equipment and space management
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
27th September 2022