Organisations active in the fields of education, training and youth receive support from the Erasmus+ Programme to carry out projects promoting different types of mobility.
The Mobility project for higher education staff includes the following activities:
1. Staff mobility for teaching: allows higher education institution (HEI) teaching staff or staff from enterprises to teach at a partner HEI abroad. Staff mobility for teaching can be in any subject area/academic discipline.
2. Staff mobility for training: supports the professional development of HEI teaching and non-teaching staff in the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner higher education institution, or at another relevant organisation abroad.
A period abroad can combine teaching and training activities.
Who can apply
– For an application as individual HEI: higher education institutions established in a Programme Country and awarded with an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
– For an application as national Mobility Consortium: coordinating organisations established in a Programme Country and coordinating a consortium awarded with a higher education consortium accreditation.
The number of organisations in the application form is one (the applicant). It is either a single HEI or a national mobility consortium coordinator established in a Programme Country.
During the implementation of the mobility project, a minimum of two organisations (at least one sending and one receiving organisation) from different Programme Countries must be involved.
For mobility projects involving Partner Countries, the minimum is one from a Programme Country and one from an eligible Partner Country.
Eligible participating organisations
1. Staff mobility for teaching:
2. Staff mobility for training:
– 28 Member States of the European Union,
– Non-EU Countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Duration of the activity
From 2 days (5 days from and to Partner Countries) to 2 months, excluding travel time.
In mobility between Programme Countries, the minimum 2 days must be consecutive. In the case of invited staff from enterprises, the minimum duration for mobility between Programme Countries is 1 day.
A teaching activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of teaching per week (or any shorter period of stay). If the mobility lasts longer than one week, the minimum number of teaching hours for an incomplete week should be proportional to the duration of that week
The budget available for mobility between Programme and Partner Countries is divided between different regions of the world in 12 budgetary envelopes and the size of each budgetary envelope is different. Further information on the amounts available under each budgetary envelope will be published on the National Agencies’ websites.
– 1 August of the same year, for mobility projects between Programme and Partner Countries.
For more information