The main objective of this call is to fund operations to develop employee participation in enterprises – i.e. any mechanism, including information, consultation and participation, through which employee representatives can influence decisions taken in the enterprise – in particular by raising awareness and contributing to the implementation of EU legislation and policies in this field, as well as to the take-up and development of European Works Councils.
This call is also intended to support projects which aim to identify and address the challenges posed by worker participation as a result of changes in the world of work, e.g. restructuring, subcontracting, digitisation, automation, artificial intelligence and new forms of work. Transnational actions involving representatives of several Member States as well as the joint participation of employers and workers will be encouraged.
The appropriations under this call for proposals finance measures which enable social partners and social partners at company level to familiarise themselves with EU legislation and policies in the field of employee involvement, to exercise their rights and duties in this respect and to work together in defining and implementing concrete responses to the challenges posed by employee involvement. They cover in particular the financing of measures aimed at strengthening transnational cooperation between workers’ and employers’ representatives on worker involvement.
These appropriations may also be used to finance short-term training measures and measures involving representatives of the social partners in the candidate countries in the field of employee involvement. In order to achieve the inclusion of people with disabilities, accessibility must be ensured, for example to information, meetings, consultations, etc.
- promote the exchange of information and good practice and preparatory actions aimed at creating favourable conditions for the creation of transnational information, consultation and participation bodies, in particular European Works Councils, and mechanisms deriving from the implementation of EU legislation on employee participation;
- promote actions aimed at familiarising social partners and actors at enterprise level with the content of EU legislation and transnational company agreements and at enabling them to exercise their rights and obligations in this respect;
- to promote transnational cooperation to identify and address challenges related to employee participation, to support the anticipation of change and the prevention and resolution of conflicts in the event of various forms of restructuring in Community-scale undertakings and groups of undertakings, as well as employee participation in the context of outsourcing, subcontracting, digitisation/automation and new forms of work.
Type of action
The types of activities that may be funded under this call for proposals include, but are not limited to:
- training actions, manuals and any other type of dissemination activities, exchange of information and good practice involving representatives of workers and/or employers, focusing on activities that have a lasting effect;
- analysis of quantitative and qualitative aspects and results on issues related to worker and employer representation and social dialogue at enterprise level in a context of transnational cooperation, and improved collaboration and proactivity of stakeholders in anticipating and responding to change and restructuring activities and changes in work organisation, enterprise/production models and forms of work;
- websites, publications, newsletters and other means of disseminating information in support of the lasting impact of the action.
22th of July, 2019
Leave a Reply