STALICLA is a patient-centric clinical-stage company on a unique mission to identify, develop and bring precision medicine to patients with neurodevelopmental disorders (NDDs). Overall, neurodevelopmental disorders are disabilities in the functioning of the brain that affect a child’s behavior, memory or ability to learn, including intellectual disability, dyslexia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning deficits and autism. NDDs affect 1 in 6 children worldwide.
STALICLA’s first focus of development has been Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Today, patients diagnosed with ASD account for 1-1.5% of the world population. The condition remains a high unmet medical need.
STALICLA has assembled a world-class team of experienced drug developers, clinicians, computational systems biologists, geneticists and software engineers, developing a first-in- class precision medicine platform using systems biology, machine learning & statistical modeling to accelerate drug development for patients with NDDs. DEPI, the company’s first-in-class drug discovery platform, characterizes biologically similar subgroups of patients within highly variable populations of patients with neurodevelopmental disorders, and further identifies tailored treatments. To support its drug discovery platform and pipeline development, STALICLA has established strong networks within top tier research and clinical centers.
STALICLA’s platform has already proven successful in expediting and de-risking a first pipeline, STP1, tailored to a subgroup of patients with autism spectrum disorder which will be entering clinical trials this year. In addition, STALICLA’s DDS (Discovery and Data Science) unit in Barcelona is currently advancing new precision medicine pipelines for two additional groups of patients with ASD.
Desired skills & software
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics (or in a related field) or equivalent experience in industry (5+ years after graduation)
- Linux, shell scripting, Git/Gitlab, Nextflow (or equivalent)
- Python and/or R
- NGS pipeline development and analysis (WGS and/or RNAseq)
- Use of software containers (Docker and/or Singularity)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS preferred)Nice to have
- Previous experience in project management
- PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Knowledge on molecular biology and human genetics
- Knowledge on medical ontologies and vocabularies
- Demonstrable experience in design and implementation of ETL data ingestion
Spain › Barcelona
Biological sciences › Biological engineering
Computer science › Informatics
Technology › Biotechnology
31 October 2021