The Faculty of Science and Technology has a vacancy as associate professor within Environmental Building physics. The position is fulltime and permanent.
The position focuses on the transition towards a more sustainable society and the implied changes to the building industry in how buildings are built and maintained. The energy system, heating, cooling and ventilation as well as use of sustainable building materials is affected by this transition. The sustainable transition will also have a large impact on how the existing building stock will be transformed to become future proof and how new buildings will have to be conceived.
The main tasks for this position will be teaching and research within sustainable building physics.
Other tasks will be:
- Supervision of PhD and Master students.
- Participation in the development of the study program and the department.
- Administrative tasks and
- Application for research founding.
- Scientific research experience within one or more of the following fields: building physics, energy in buildings or indoor climate.
- Publication record of scientific articles published in well recognized, international journals, and an active portfolio of research projects.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong affinity with building technology and architectural design
- Interest in topics related to sustainability in buildings and architecture.
- excellent skills in teaching
- experience in project management and attracting research funding
- experienced user of Building Performance Simulation tools
- international network
Norway › Ås
28 February 2021