The School of Physics at Trinity College Dublin invites applications at the level of Assistant Professor in the field of Sustainable Energy, which is an identified research challenge at Trinity College Dublin. The successful applicant will join a group of Principal Investigators in leading our research drive in the area of Sustainable Aviation Research that is funded through a partnership between Ryanair and Trinity College Dublin. Applicants will have a developing international profile, with strong potential to lead academia, society or enterprise in making global aviation an environmentally and economically sustainable activity.
Appointment will be made on Assistant Professor (Lecturer) scale at a point in line with Government Pay Policy €35,509 – €86,247 appointment will be made no lower than €50,410.
- At least three years of postdoctoral research or enterprise experience (Essential experience).
- Experience in the field of sustainable fuels, bioenergy, or other area of sustainability or sustainable energy sources and technologies that can address any aspect of the Sustainable Aviation or Sustainable Energy challenges, as evidenced by a strong publication record (Essential).
- Knowledge of national or international research funding and investment landscapes (Essential).
- Experience of contributing to research funding applications (Essential).
- A record of securing grant funding (Desirable).
- Experience in the supervision of postgraduate or postdoctoral researchers. (Desirable).
- Experience/Knowledge/Interest in the design and delivery of undergraduate teaching and ability to teach a range of general physics and specialist energy science or policy topics (Essential).
Trinity College Dublin School of Physics
Ireland › Dublin
14th January 2022.