The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
• First Degree and PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
• Power Systems.
• Smart Grids.
• Artificial Neural Networks, expert systems and applications to the field of energy.
• ICT applications in the field of energy.
• Programming in Python especially for energy related applications.
High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
Duties and Responsabilities
• Writing Reports and research publications.
• Research Proposal Preparation.
• Support in writing Research Proposals.
• Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year students) and postgraduate students.
• Support in research project management.
• Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
Cyprus › Nicosia
29 January 2021