Frontex, the European Border and Coast Guard Agency, took part in the operation within the framework of its land border operations in Eastern and South Eastern Europe, in particular JO Focal Points and JO Flexible Operational Activities. The agency also supported the participants providing expertise on document fraud, with the Frontex’s Centre of Excellence in Combatting Document Fraud available 24/7 to help check suspicious documents.
To help officers detect trafficked firearms, Frontex organised a webinar on firearms trafficking in the EU, Eastern and South Eastern Europe with more than 100 participants.
- EU Member States: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
- Non-EU Member States: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Moldova, Montenegro, the Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Ukraine, United States.
- EU Agencies: Europol, Eurojust, Frontex
- International and institutional partners: INTERPOL, UNODC, PCC-SEE, CCWP, PA/2019 countering serious and organised crime in the Western Balkans, SEESAC.
- 8838 law enforcement officers were involved in the operation and included police officers, land, sea and air border guards and customs agents.
In addition, investigators seized 51 weapons of different types and 47 kilograms of a variety of drugs.