The European External Action Service (EEAS) is seeking for a Video production and Social Media Assistant to work at the the Communications Policy and Public Diplomacy Division (SG.AFFGEN.6).
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU’s external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
- The EEAS digital communication, in particular the production of content for social media, with a focus on audio-visual products;
- broader digital communications activities, including projects & campaign coordination, analysis and tracking of social media campaigns, detecting of trends and providing support to EU Delegations around the world;
- developing and implementing social media strategies and specific campaigns. She/he will work closely with the Strategic Communication Officers of the Division, the Spokespersons’ Service, the relevant Council and Commission services and EU Delegations. He/she will report to the Head of Division and Deputy Head of Division;
- producing and editing social media videos: the successful candidate coordinates and manages all aspects of a video production process from start to finish. She/he will be involved with the creative concept, writing scripts, setting up deadlines, communicating with the team each step of the way, organising the logistics if required and following the budget with service providers;
- creating content for the EEAS social media platforms: she/he will contribute to the daily maintenance of social media accounts: from creation of visuals to writing captions for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube;
- liaising with audio-visual services of Council, Commission, EU Parliament and other partners. This includes making the required arrangements to ensure LIVE streaming of events on the EEAS social media;
- developing, implementing and evaluating social media campaigns in coordination with the Strategic Communication Officers and Task Forces;
- analysing and reporting statistical data based on specific KPIs;
- providing support to the EU Delegation on video production and edition as well as on social media. This implies also being involved in trainings to colleagues from Delegation and HQ; o as a member of the Digital team, work closely with the web team, graphic designer and in contact with the Head of Division, StratComm teams and the Spokespersons service;
- contributing to overall activities of the Division.
22 July 2020