Zis Foundation is inviting young people of all nationalities between 16 and 20 to get the chance to receive a grant of 600 Euros for a self-organised study trip to a foreign country.
Because this is your journey, it’s up to you to decide which travel topic best suits you. Whether it’s art, nature, sports or politics – it’s your interests, talents and inclinations that matter. Tell us in your application what it is that connects you to your topic and what links your chosen country to it. Depending on your topic, you can also create a piece of art or craft instead of a written project report or choose an alternative way of documentation. If you want to do this, please let us know what you have in mind and tell us about your experiences and background knowledge in this field. This also applies to photo documentations. As the topic of the journey should serve your personal development, we reject topics on principle which only seek to deepen the field of study.
Who can apply
- young people between 16 and 20 years old;
- from all nationalities;
- not yet attending university.
Conditions of the journey
- it researches a topic chosen by the participant;
- it is undertaken alone;
- it is paid with the grant (600 euros) alone;
- it lasts four weeks at least;
- it takes the participant abroad, e.g. German citizens and residents of Germany should not travel in Germany;
- transport by plane is not allowed;
- trips to regions of warfare or violent ethnic conflicts will not be sponsored;
- every participant has a personal advisor (mentor) to help to organise the trip via e-mail;
- participants hand in a study report (8000 words at least), a diary and a statement within three months after return in German or English.
How to apply
- candidates have to complete the application form;
- parents are asked to complete a consent form (even if the candidate has reached the majority age).
Deadline to apply 15th February 2020.
Leave a Reply