The European Environment Agency (EEA) is organising an open competition with a view to recruiting a temporary agent to work as Head of Group for the area of climate change adaptation and LULUCF and further with a view to establishing a reserve list.
The position will entail the following tasks among others:
- Lead and manage the group (currently 6 staff members) to achieve EEA’s operational and strategic objectives regarding climate change adaptation, and land use, land use change and forestry (LULUCF);
- Plan and manage the group’s human and financial resources;
- Ensure that time and financial resources allocated to the group are used in the most efficient and effective manner (e.g. including missions, trainings and budgets for contracts);
Strategic planning and management
- Define operational objectives and performance indicators for the group on the basis of EEA strategic objectives and work programme;
- Support the Head of Programme by actively contributing to the strategic planning for the programme;
- Define quality standards, anticipate and resolve organisational issues, engage in the solving of complex issues across the EEA.
Communication and networking
- Represent the EEA at institutional for and work closely with key EEA institutional stakeholders;
- Maintain contacts and develop cooperation with EU and international knowledge institutes to co-create solutions and deliver value-adding outcomes;
- Organise external communication, networking and promotion of EEA’s work.
- Experience in people management (if this is the first position where people management is an integral part of the job please specify people related aspects of project management experience);
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least 3 years of EU policies on climate change adaptation and LULUCF and the integration of these with other policies;
- Knowledge and experience in relevant data, indicators and assessments, in the context of broader sustainability aspects;
- Excellent project management skills and experience, including delivery of complex projects involving a variety of stakeholders;
- Experience in contract management
- Very good communication skills (verbal and written) for contacts with senior managers, staff and service providers
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English language, at least at level C1 in all categories according to the .
- Highly professional, creative and motivated by environmental sustainability matters at large, with the view on professional development at EEA to embrace operational and strategic leadership roles.
13 Janueary 2020