In this position you are expected to write a dissertation in a stimulating environment using the university’s infrastructure. You will hold your own lectures, tutor students and participate in administration. 50% of the working time is reserved for the thesis.
- Dissertation in the field of numerical mathematics and scientific computing within the project “Hierarchical dynamical low-rank approximation for the chemical master equation”
- Independent teaching; supervision of students, scientific publications; education and training; administrative tasks.
- Required qualifications: completed diploma or master studies in mathematics, physics, chemistry or a comparable field of study; good programming skills
- Good English skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Independent work and high motivation
- Experience in working with students
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to communicate with colleagues
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
University of Innsbruck
Austria › Innsbruck
3rd May 2022