Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors.
29 February 2020
- A doctorate in physics, nuclear engineering, materials research or another related field;
- Potential to carry out research and attract research funding at the highest level;
- Potential to take responsibility for education in nuclear engineering;
- Potential to coordinate both research and teaching in nuclear engineering at the national and international levels with private and public stakeholders;
- Ability to be an effective teacher in the undergraduate and graduate degree programmes of the School of Science.
What the offer
The professor will join an inspiring and supportive work community of experienced professionals and high-quality students. Aalto University follows the salary system of Finnish universities, but applicants may also provide salary requirements. As an employer, Aalto University provides excellent staff training and mentoring programmes as well as occupational health care services, commuter ticket benefits and campus sport facilities. In addition, we offer extensive research support services such as grant writing and project management. The position will be located at the Aalto University Otaniemi Campus.