The University of Oulu is an international scientific community, with 15 000 students and approximately 3 000 employees. The strengths of the University are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests and modern research and study environment and good cooperation with international educational and research institutes.
The University of Oulu and the Faculty of ITEE and specifically Biomimetics and Intelligence Systems Group (BISG), is opening a position of Professor in Cyber Security – Trust as Technology Enabler
This position is in the field of Cyber Security, and in particular, it focuses on enabling technologies of trust and on trust as a technological enabler. Specifically, the position is directed towards:
- Exploring the relationship between technological choices and trust.
- Tracking trust and privacy regulation and mapping its impact to use of technology in general and especially in cloud services, financial and health care sectors.
- Advancing trust enabling and privacy preserving techniques such as focused data collection, limited data retention, optimized sharing and hyper local processing.
- Exploiting advances in software security measures, cryptography, anonymization and computer science in general in order to turn trust into an enabler.
- Implementing trust all the way from nano-sized applications to large and complex systems with long supply chains.
- Applying these techniques to productization and system development to achieve savings and to speed up adaptation of new products and technologies.
The successful applicant will be involved in teaching and supervision activities in this field and is expected to create and provide related courses to enrich the faculty curriculum. The candidate will also be active in attracting both national and international funding.
The professor shall teach in the faculty’s introductory, intermediate and advanced level courses and supervise theses.
A professor shall carry out and supervise scientific research work, give teaching based on it, follow developments in science or art, and take part in societal interaction and international cooperation
An applicant to be appointed as a professor shall have a doctoral degree, high-level scientific or artistic competence, experience in leading scientific research, an ability to supervise theses and give high-level instruction based on research, and proof of international cooperation in the field of research that he or she represents.
For university teaching and research positions in Finland, a full command of the teaching language, Finnish or Swedish, is required. The language of instruction in the University of Oulu is Finnish, and the degrees are awarded in Finnish. Teaching may also be given in English.
The salary will be based on levels 8-10 of the demand level chart for teaching and research staff of Finnish universities. In addition, a salary component based on personal work performance will be paid (maximum of 50% of the job-specific component). In practice, the salary will be roughly €5700 to €7000 per month, depending on the appointee’s qualification and performance.
The position is scheduled to be filled as of 1 September, 2020 or as agreed, and it is subject to a six-month trial period.
31 May 2020