Successful candidates will join a young, strong and motivated FINATRAX Research Group. The research group conducts research on the application and the impact of digital technologies like DLT/Blockchain, Digital Identities, Machine Learning/AI, and IoT/5G on organisations in the private or public sector. By doing so, it builds bridges between business research and information systems engineering. The group consists of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers who come from different disciplines (e.g., policy, business, technology) and pursue first-rate research on the design and impact of information systems.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to several exciting research projects, most notably, the Medical Device Obligation Taskforce (MDOT) and SynErgie projects. In the MDOT project, they will have the opportunity to build web-based platforms and prototypes. In the SynErgie project, they will be responsible for the advancement of decision support systems and visualization tools to improve the transparency on flexibility in the energy system. For more detailed information about FINATRAX’s role in the two projects, you can visit our research group’s website (MDOT and SynErgie).
Moreover, successful candidates will carry out software development tasks in the context of Prof. Fridgen’s PayPal-FNR PEARL Research Grant in the areas of DLT/Blockchain, Digital Identities, and Machine Learning/AI. Successful candidates will thus have the opportunity to explore a broad range of technologies and application areas. As such, successful candidates will be able to align their skills with market needs and build an attractive profile demonstrating their experience with innovative designs and technologies.
What they are looking for:
- A collaborative team player with a desire to make a personal impact within our interdisciplinary research group
- The commitment to participate in the development and implementation of high-quality solutions that solve significant problems
- Self-initiative, creativity, curiosity, flexibility and enthusiasm to work
Knowledge and experience:
- Software development (e.g., demonstrated by internships, etc.)
- Database systems
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of either French, German or Luxembourgish will be appreciated but are not a requirement to apply.
Luxembourg › Kirchberg
Computer science › Computer architecture
31st January 2022